While Ayden was bleeding all over I picked upsomethin' of my own at either the toy or grocery store...pinkeye... i have survived my entire life without getting this, and I am very glad of that. So quickly my thoughts ..i felt like i had leprosy; on house confinement,washing my hands every five minutes, washing bedding and towels daily on "sanitize" mode , not touching my kids, etc... etc ...
What I have learned....
1)it is extremely uncomfortable
2) although a pain the constant sterilization seems to truly help as no one else was effected
3) there are 4 types of pinkeye medicine only helps 2 of them
4) viral conjunctivitis is the most easily spread
5) it is contagious until there is no discharge
6) I looked like a druggie with pink swollen eyes that would only open 1/2 way and it is NOT a good look for me
Home Remedies that I found Useful ( did all of them so not sure which one/ones did the trick)
1) taking zinc lozenges
2) chamomile tea bags steeped in cold water placed on eye 10-15 min at a time. ...the first day I Steeped it in hot water
3) natural tears used frequently to flush out the eye.
4)no make up and replace make up that was used during the incubation period
following this i felt better in 2 days but still did not go anywhere, and continued to wash everything daily.
1 comment:
Glad you're feeling better.
Post a Comment