background

12 June, 2010

blood is thicker than water


Ayden did a great job in school this year,so as a reward we decided to purchase a small pool for the backyard for his enjoyment. Off we went to toys r us. Once there we meticulously went through the aisles ( He is still holding into his birthday gift card --waiting to find the perfect item to buy)... all of a sudden I hear a thump and then even louder crying. I turn around dread in my stomach , all I see is tears and blood. DH tried to calm Ayden down enough to see where the blood is coming from, I go up to the counter and ask for tissues explaining that his nose is bleeding. I head back tissues in hand with the cashier and her customer in tow., everyone in that section of the store starts giving advice ,and discussing rather or not it is broken, and handing him toys to distract him ( why? couldn't they see all of the blood on his hands???) etc.... with ice cream sandwich pressed against his nose we head to the checkout line to pay for his emergency ice pack.


I am sure you are wondering the same thing I was...What the heck happened?? Well, Ayden retold his story... I was behind you and ran to catch up , I tripped, hit my nose on the shopping cart handle and then it bleed a lot.


and yes sadly there is still a line across his nose, and sadly no pool to relax in
One mor post script ..on theway home Ayden was telling the baby, "I didn't do that right, if it happens to you don't do what I did ,don't cry like I did, it just makes it hurt more."

1 comment:

Kim said...

Poor Ayden. Hope he heals quickly.