background

31 August, 2008

Planning a Birthday



Oh what to do with a charming, intelligent 4 year old with the capability to plan....

Yesterday Ayden came up to me with his wallet and said, "Let's go buy my birthday cake" I asked how much he had and he replied a quarter and 2 pennies. I said that won't be enough. He thought and asked if he could please take money out of the change jar, so he could have enough. I offered to buy his cake and he said, "No thanks, I want to buy it!" Naturally I asked why? and He quickly replied , "Because I know exactly what I want! A batman cake with chocolate frosting and marble inside. " ok then ...


Ayden decided that he wants lots of presents for his birthday " as many as we have at Christmas!" I carefully explained that wasn't going to happen since we had only invited family and he didn't actually want anything for his birthday and that I guessed we could just wrap up empty boxes and give them to him. He wasn't keen on that idea, he wanted toys (which ones- "i don't know") and clothes (would underwear and socks work-"sure if they are boys like batman or speed racer"). He then asked if we could go to Toys R Us so he could make a list. Sure, sure.... although the underwear idea was pretty fun.

The final plan Ayden has decided upon includes pizza, a batman cake, lots of presents, ice cream and balloons, after all "it [wouldn't] be a birthday party without balloons!"


quotes = Ayden's words

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for creating such a cute little nephew for me. May the next one live up to his/her brother's cuteness. I know this is a concern. But I'm not worried. How could it not be super cute. And thanks for "jumping into the next century." There are never enough blogs to satiate my need to read.

Kim said...

I wrote two comments because I didn't see them pop up. Then I read the top of the screen where it says you have to approve my comments. The suspense is killing me. Will I be approved?