Beginnings are so interesting: an untainted paper awaiting it's first mark, a new chapter in a book, the blinking line on the computer demanding that you type, new life growing in spring.
Beginnings naturally brings my mind to choices and decisions, this makes sense since all beginnings start with a choice, even if the choice be indecision.
Looking at choices I've made in my life is interesting, what I find even more profound is the choices that I could make or the choices that are available to me. So many of them we don't consider daily but they are there. I could choose to take off on a cross country trip, or join the military, or take a jaunt to the beach or I could choose to stay home and deal with chores, or escape into a novel .
Daily choices seem inconsequential but with a deeper look it becomes obvious that these choices determine our actions, which determines our character, which ultimately alters our very nature.
No comments:
Post a Comment