
I recently went to a toy store and was surprised at how many 80's toys there are out there to buy! I guess they stopped making cool toys in the 80's so the only thing for toym akers to do is rerelease favorites... here are some I saw....
Barbie
Cabage Patch Kids ( remember when they were sooo hard to find??)
GI Joes
Transformers
Pound Puppies
Glo Worm
Care Bears
My Little Pony
Strawberry Shortcake
Star Wars toys
Teddy Ruxpin
Pogo Balls ( man I loved them!)
Even Garbage Pail Kids are making a comeback ( My mommy said we couldn't have those.. they were to inappropriate).
Sadly He-man and She-Ra ( and the other Masters of the Universe were no where to be found)
"I feel like I'm in a time warp, stuck in the mid-80s," said Jim Silver, publisher of industry monthly Toy Book. "In 1983, the toys that were hot were Creepy Crawlers, the Strawberry Shortcake doll, Care Bears, the yo-yos. On the back cover of our magazine we had Spiderman and the Hulk. What was old is new again."
Soo What was your favorite toy? Do you hope they bring it back?
1 comment:
I loved barbie and gi joe's. We know little kids now a days who are in love with strawberry shortcake. You can't beat the classics.
Post a Comment